- Detailed instructions help students create and maintain an extremely useful career management tool–the Career Management Files Tracker. Through practical, hands-on application, the personal content of the Tracker motivates students to take its development seriously. Student’s custom creates a resource that will be helpful immediately and throughout their entire career.
- A removable “Job Search Quick Reference” is included in the back of the text, offering students a handy tool to use in interviewing and networking situations. It includes quick access to the job seeker’s frequently used information and questions, space for vital information and qualifications, common and tricky interview questions, and resume and job “power” words.
- A “Jump Start Your Career” activity starts the conversation for each chapter, prompts lively classroom discussion, and encourages students to sharpen their critical thinking skills.
- More than 50 Career Action worksheets help students apply chapter content and advice to their own unique situations. Additional worksheets are included on the text website. Extremely flexible, the worksheets can be used individually or in groups, in class or as homework. Students create personal reference documents that are helpful now as well as whenever they want to improve their job situation. Guided assessments prompt students to think about their preferences, personal traits, and other topics they may not have thought about before.
- The robust website offers extensive activities, tools, and resources–linking learners to the best career advice and job search sites. Linked sites are vetted and can be trusted to present valid, accurate advice. The website equips instructors with additional and/or alternative assignments, while giving students many resources and many ways to use them–now and after the course ends. It includes all Career Action worksheets from the text, employment forms, model documents with formatting guidelines, chapter review worksheets, sample job search documents, and material from the appendices.
Packed with innovative resources readers can use now and throughout their careers, best-selling YOUR CAREER: HOW TO MAKE IT HAPPEN, 8e delivers a comprehensive, step-by-step guide to finding and keeping a job. Both empowering and encouraging, the book effectively breaks the daunting prospect of marketing oneself to prospective employers into a manageable process. Each chapter provides practical advice and actions that readers can apply to their own situation and goa… More >>